Wednesday, 5 December 2012
Speaking and Listening Year 10 Role Play!
‘Romeo and Juliet’ Drama Speaking and Listening
Script a Chat Show where the main characters discuss their points of view and emotions based on the events in the play up to and including Act 3 scene 5.
Chat Show Host – who will also give advice and ‘counselling’
Choice of Titles (Or make up your own)
Fathers and daughters
The Problems with Forbidden Love
· Have a specific angle which enables every character to talk a lot.
· Each person must write their own questions and give them to the Host.
· Answers don’t have to be fully scripted but you must know what you will say and it must be detailed and developed. A few lines will mean a weak grade.
· Get in character – think about how your character will feel and respond.
· The Host must give a chat show style introduction; ask the questions and develop discussion; and offer advice at the end before concluding.
When others are performing, you will be the audience and will gain marks for asking questions.
B5: Create a complex role, making inventive use of a range of appropriate
techniques to direct the response of the audience. Show sophisticated and
original ideas through exploration of the character.
B4: Analyse and explain difficult ideas. Resolve problems or outcomes
through thoughtful responses.
B3: Analyse imagined experiences, develop significant points and respond
B2: Develop and sustain a role effectively through speech, movement and